Thursday 19 August 2010

Anticipaaaaaation

Tomorrow I'm off to the Festival of Quilts.  Yippee!  Can't wait!

In the meantime, here's what I've been up to:

1. Continuing with my hexagons.  I have decided to go with scrappy rings rather than single colours and it's looking rather lovely.  Will post pics once I have the next round of hexies on.

2. More hand quilting of my Jacob's Ladder quilt.  I am now more than a quarter of the way through!

3. Added the denim border to my Gee's Bend style corduroy quilt top:

Denim Border on Gee's Bend tribute quilt

It measures about 38 x 40 inches now, so not quite lap quilt size.  I have a couple of legs of jeans left, so might add a border to just the top and bottom.  I think if I make it any bigger it will be too heavy to pick up :-).  I don't think I will quilt it as such.  I was thinking of backing with an old fleece blanket then using yarn to tie it.

4. I was stricken by guilt that it had been so long since I made any Morsbags, so knocked up half a dozen:
kitchen bags
flowery and blue
skateboard bag
I particularly like the kitchen print,although understandably, Waif has claimed the skateboarding Morsbag.

Until next time...zzzzzzz....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your Gee's Bend-type quilt. It looks very authentic. Yes, that will be heavy and warm, and I think tying it is perfect. Great job!

    And, your bags are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool - love the gees bend-like quilt. great colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)