Monday 12 December 2011

Fickle, me?

I've been thinking and rethinking my idea for 2012's Crazy Quilt Journal Project. In this post, I talked about my idea of each month representing a birth flower. But after giving this some thought, I think this will end up being a very tasteful and feminine quilt. And although there is nothing wrong with tasteful and feminine, it's just not me!!

So, I'm thinking I'm going to go for something a bit more vibrant and colourful, and have started pulling together fabrics in hot pinks, oranges and reds, with silks and sparkly bits and ethnic prints:

indian summer fabric choices
indian summer fabric choices (2)

And with regards to the embellishment and embroidery I'm thinking BEADS and SHISHA MIRRORS and SPARKLY THINGS and SHINY THINGS and SEQUINS and RIBBONS - just generally no holds barred!

Now, doesn't that sound a lot more me??!!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, go for it! I like this idea much better and the colors are scrumptious! Love that elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - definitely. But, um, there's something missing in that photo. That wobbly ribbon stuff! LOL!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabrics...I love those colors! All of that is going to look AMAZING in a crazy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely - and it'll be magnificent! What great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)