Well, one of my sewing goals for 2010 was to attempt to make something I could wear and I have achieved that! Well, sort of...I suppose technically I could wear it but M would probably file for divorce if I didn't dehydrate from sweating so much in the night first. Yes, it's a nightie made from some ahem..."vintage" polyester sheets!!
It hasn't been a total waste of time because I have learned a few things:
(a) polyester is not nice to sew. and even not nicer to wear.
(b) I may have erred on the side of caution a little too far with the hemline...
(c) my gathering stitches will be seen so it might be an idea to use a coordinating thread :-P
I may give it another go using cotton...
...or I may just stick to patchwork!
The Village is Growing
In the meantime, I have put together a few more blocks on Waif's houses quilt. I am enjoying this process. Take the house, add a tree, or a star, or some flying geese until it's the right width to fit together with the others. Fun!