Monday 28 June 2010

Hexies n Houses

With all the sunshine, and the World Cup, and my growing addiction (!) my pile of hexies is growing.  I have sewn about 10 together into flowers.  It takes about half an hour and sits very comfortably with watching a bit of footie or Doctor Who or Star Trek (can you tell I live in a household full of boys?!).  I am tempted to start sewing the flowers together now, so I don't have a massive job to sew them all together at the end, but then that would spoil the fun I have juggling the flowers round and seeing how they look.  Ooh, decisions, decisions.



I have been working a bit on Waif's houses too, trying to get my head round putting them together into a finished quilt top.  I figured the easiest way to do this would be to make them into blocks the same width, then sew them together into columns.  I've done three so far, and am quite enjoying playing around with them to make them up to the right size.  I wonder if I need more trees...?  Or stars?  Or flying geese?  Or half square triangles...?

4 comments:

  1. kathleen c in ct28 June 2010 at 15:12

    Viv, love the sawtooth border and your colors. The same for the hexie colors. I love handwork, too; you've got a good fabric assortment for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the houses! the hexies are beautiful too - would be fun to see them in the same quilt - wheeee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so encouraged by that fact that you have only been sewing a little over a year and your work is wonderful. I teach a class at my church and this will be reminder when I get frustrated. Blessings, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment Cheri!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)