- I completed my Jacob's Ladder quilt top, started late 2009 and am part way through quilting it. It's taking a little longer than I originally expected mainly because I made the decision to hand rather than machine quilt. I have counted up, and I have completed 59 out of the 80 blocks. Estimated time spent hand quilting this so far = 24 hours. Yikes. Think I will stick to smaller projects and machine quilting.
- I have nearly completed quilt tops for both Gman and Waif. Gman's red and black quilt centre is complete, and I working on some wonky square blocks for top and bottom borders (all will be revealed in time). Waif's village quilt is waiting for a few more trees and lots more fences.
- I made a few mini quilts: a beach hut themed one for my mum's caravan; a scrappy Army Star/Split Nine Patch for the back of the sofa and recently a little hexagon quilt for Waif's Guinea Baby toy.
- I made a start on a hexagon charm quilt. Lost momentum a bit on this one TBH, but might pick it up again in the summer, cos I was very partial to sitting in the garden with these! Bring on the summer.
- Made a nightie. Think my dressmaking career endeth there ;-)
- Made a load more Morsbags...current tally stands at 137.
- Started to learn embroidery with the help of Sharon's Stitch Files.
- Bought an embellisher machine and made a few cloths with this, plus a couple of little pouches.
- Helped Gman to make two quilts himself, and Waif to make a little drawstring bag.
All in all a sewtastic year :-)
So, goals for 2011?!
- Get the Jacob's Ladder quilt quilted and bound - hopefully within the next two months.
- Complete quilt top for Gman. Should have this done by the end of January, or hopefully earlier. Then to decide how to quilt...?
- Complete Waif's liberated village quilt top. This might take a bit longer...
- Continue learning to embroider with the help of the Stitch Files.
- Make something with a zip. (this was a goal for 2010, but never seemed to have gotten round to it)
- Have a go at some free pieced letters a la Tonya Ricucci
- Make a journal quilt each month (in collaboration with a new quilty friend). Watch this space for more info...
I also have a hankering to make an art doll after borrowing Jan Horrox's book from the library. Yes, I quite possibly have lost the plot :-)
Basically, I just want to continue to learn all I can about quilting, embroidery and all things textile. And to have fun doing it!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!