Monday 11 January 2010

Birthday Layer Cake

I have been a lucky birthday sewist this year, receiving a Moda Layer Cake (Vine Creek) as well as a lovely book, "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts".   I have chosen a quilt to make from this selection, but haven't had the courage to cut into the fabric yet...

In other news, I have been feeling guilty about not making any Morsbags since before Christmas (especially as, in the last week, a good friend plus my sister in law have both made their first bags!) so I knocked a couple up this week.  After mainly concentrating on patchwork just lately, it was nice to start and finish a project in one sitting!  The green bag is made from pretty heavy curtain fabric which my old sewing machine would never have coped with, so it was great to hear the Pfaff sew through with barely a murmur :-)



I've made a decision about the Jacob's Ladder quilt, I am going with variant 5, but haven't actually sewn it yet.

And I have finished a second flower for my Grandmother's Garden Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)