Monday 21 December 2009

Oven Mitt

Well, after accidentally setting fire to my oven gloves last week (don't ask!), I thought I would have a go at making an oven mitt (mainly cos I couldn't find a pattern/tutorial for a double ended glove - can anyone help me out there?).  I used two different fabrics and quilted with some Insul-Bright, then sewed bias tape around the cuff (by hand, natch).  It's not quite perfect because (a) it all went a bit funny round the curve of the thumb and it's rucked up there a bit; (b) I forgot to sew in a hanging loop and (c) it's not quite as thick as I might like (though I am, admittedly, a bit of a wuss with hot things)!

I have plenty of the insulated wadding left, so might have a go at making another one soon.  Practice making perfect and all that.

Here's a pic of the glove, patiently waiting for the peanut butter cookies to be ready to come out of the oven:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)