Sunday 28 February 2010

Quilt Top Finished

Woohoooooooooo!  I have finished the Jacob's Ladder quilt top!  And here it is...don't look toooooo closely cos there's a few mismatched points and some similar fabrics that are too close to each other...but overall, very pleased with it.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="240" caption="Jacob's Ladder Scrap Quilt - All pieced and ready to quilt"][/caption]

I am now looking into what to use for wadding and backing.  There is so much choice!  Do I go for cotton or polyester or bamboo or recycled bottles?  Ooh, more decisions!

I have also completed my first "commission".  FIL asked if I could make him something to sling over the arm of the sofa to store his remote controls in.  I followed directions from this blog, using some fabric from the Fent Shop in King's Lynn (total cost £1.80!)   Something went a bit wrong round the bottom so I ended up sewing on some bias binding round it and actually rather liked the effect.  The photograph shows the organiser on an exposed arm of the sofa, but he is actually going be kept on the other arm, slightly more out of sight.  He was pleased anyway :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)