Thursday 23 June 2011

Good Things - Hexies

I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself the last couple of weeks cos I have hurt my back and it is restricting me in ways I don't want to be restricted! One of those restrictions is not being able to get on with machine quilting my friend's baby quilt; or indeed, doing anything for very long at the sewing machine ;-(

IMG_0021

But then I remembered my hand pieced hexagon UFO. I worked quite a bit on this last summer, but then came to a bit of a standstill. You can see how it looked last year here. I had originally planned to make a kind of star shape with the hexies, but think puzzling over how to do that might have been what put me off continuing with it! So, I'm just going to keep adding rings of lights, mediums and darks until I get fed up of it and then call it a quilt :-)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about your back. Hope you aren't in too much pain.

    Hexies are great. Really must start mine again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! My back Is susceptible to issues. I feel for you! Hexies are a good way to console ones self. I pulled mine out tonight after not working on it for awhile.
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your back - I surely do understand that! Just take it easy, this looks like a great project to work on while you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shape! The quilt is going to look great...and I'm glad you have found a project while your back is bothering you. I hope it gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)