Monday 6 June 2011

Good Things

Recently a friend lent me this book:

illustrated life cover

It's an inspiring and fabulous collection of a variety of artists' sketchbooks. An idea from it that I was particularly taken with was from Christine Castro Hughes who creates a "Good Things" journal for each week, she says to "remind myself what is good and beautiful in the world".

illustrated life good things

I think this can be something we all too often lose sight of in our hectic lives. So I have decided to undertake this process too, and here's my first week's spread:

good things 30 may

And a couple of pics of some of the good things:

Gazanias opening up in the sunshine

Gazanias

Indigo fabrics flapping about on the breeze:

indigo in the breeze
indigo close up


Here's hoping this week brings many more good things!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely book.

    Gorgeous gorgeous indigo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea - I try to do that on my blog, it's my happy place! As I'm not good at drawing, I'll take pics instead, lol. YOUR pics are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that book! So much of inspiration in those pages. I like how you took an idea that you liked and made it your own.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)