Thursday 14 July 2011

Geese n Fishes n Birds

I finally made a start on a new quilt. It's gonna be a flying geese based quilt, with black and white geese and yellow backgrounds...ok, I haven't exactly planned it, but I've got a bit of an idea in my head of how it might turn out. Today I pieced the first 10 geese:

first 10 geese

That's the good news. The bad news is that just using the sewing machine for that short length of time has resulted in a big ole flare-up of my back pain :-( So it may take some time to get a whole quilt sewn. Ho-hum.

I've had a bit of fun with the last couple of index cards, largely inspired by the colouring pages over at Made by Joel. Who says colouring pages are just for kids?!

First fishies:

icad 13 july1

Then birdies:

icad 14 july

Not sure what animal to go with next, but loving this colouring lark at the moment :-)

2 comments:

  1. That will be an exciting quilt Viv, I really love the colors together. I'm so sorry about your back though...that's no fun.
    Love your fishies and birdies, I think you should turn them into appliques!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun fish and birdies! Great cards!

    How about cats?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy :-)